News and Insights
You must be logged in to view our publications.
If you are new to Mind the GAAP, please sign up below for a free account. We will not provide your email address or contact details to any other parties.
Every business event has accounting consequences. With thousands of pages of accounting rules, though, it takes experts to identify the right way to record a particular transaction in the financial statements.
Mind the GAAP coaches companies through the maze of accounting literature, helping develop position papers to support the conclusions reached. Mind the GAAP also provides input on potential accounting issues before companies finalize a proposed agreement or contract.
Here are just a few of the many issues we have helped our clients address:
- Determining when and how much revenue to recognize from a multiple element arrangement
- Accounting for restructuring activities such as plant closures and employee severance arrangements
- Reviewing hedge documentation for compliance with FASB ASC Topic 815 (FAS 133) and other interpretive guidance
- Determining whether a legal entity meets the definition of a variable interest entity
- Identifying lease arrangements that would qualify as finance leases under IFRS but operating leases under U.S. GAAP
- Accounting for modifications of share-based payment awards
- Determining the accounting for renewable energy credits issued by governmental agencies
- Analyzing whether a divestiture meets the requirements to be presented as a discontinued operation
We offer our consulting and advisory services to all levels of an organization, from Directors and Audit Committee members to business unit controllers and their respective staffs.
Copyright 2002-2010 Mind the GAAP. All rights reserved.
Site design by Joint Digital